Friday, May 20, 2011



Toothless

Haylie lost another tooth. I have only pulled her first loose tooth. All the rest she has pulled. She wiggles and wiggles until her gums are bruised and sore, but she is determined to get out that tooth.


Determined

stubborn

independent

defiant

reckless

disheveled

blunt


You could describe Haylie with any and all of these words. But she would not be Haylie without being


giggly

loving

concerned

friendly

smiley

trusting

faithful

loyal

sweet and sassy

energetic


You can't help but melt when you hear her tell her brother that she loves him ( when there are many days when you have to wonder). She falls to pieces if she thinks her sister is angry with her. Her giggle is like a trickling brook constant and cheerful. Her hair is wild and always windblown like a child's hair should be. Her eyes can glare at you, unmoving and determined, and then can be like a ray of sun, breaking through the clouds, warming your face.

I often find myself remembering, not to long ago, a time when I thought I might loose her. She was so sick and frail. The things her little body went through would cripple an adult, and yet she persevered and came out on top ( thanks to some wonderful Dr's). Now those days are just a Shadow of how she was.

I am so thankful for her and for her health. She is a blessing in my life and I love her!

No comments: