Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Graduation


I am so proud of Anthony!


He was hired by the Black hawk County Sheriffs Dept, but they required that he complete the law enforcement academy course. This is a 3 month course in Des Moines...2 hours away from us. He was required to stay at the academy during the week and was allowed to come home on the weekends to see us. This would be unpleasant for anybody, but for me it was much more... turbulent!


I have a 1 month old baby, I run an in home daycare with 6 kids, plus 3 more of my own. I am a primary teacher and the Relief Society activities leader. I have children who are involved in sports. I am the bill payer, the nurse, the taxi, the teacher, the judge, the cook and maid...and the zombie that is the result of all of this.


Actually, I thought having Anthony gone would be unbearable, but I learned that I am capable. Capable of doing it all. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I can do it all...should I have to? Is this small trial a stepping stone and preparatory process for some future struggle? Who knows.


All I know is that Anthony has done so much to support us and we love him! I know that at times, the academy was horrible. But it was what he needed to do to secure our future. Thank you babe!Marching up to the stage.The Sheriff and fellow Deputy.Good friends who came down to his graduation. Also fellow Deputies. ( look at how skinny my hubby is! Hot Stuff!)

No comments: