Friday, May 20, 2011



At the diner table tonight, Haylie wanted me to quiz her on some multiplication questions. Yes...this is how my kids have fun at the table. They do math. They so did not get this from me!

Haylie is in the first grade so I ask her some simple ones. We start with the 2 times table. I ask her 2x4. She thinks for a minute and answers 8. I ask her a few more simple ones which she takes her time to answer. Then I decide to ask her a more difficult one...one that she can't count on her fingers. I ask what is 8x2. She takes her time again, but before she can answer, Tui pipes in 16! Holy cow...did he really know that? Ok let's try another. I ask 9x2...before Haylie can even start counting he says, 18. Sydney and I look at each other, flabbergasted! Really?

This has to be a fluke. Okay how about this one 2x4...he answers 8. I am really starting to wonder if I have a 4 year old Einstein. Okay one more. 2x6....without hesitation he say 1.

He really had me going! I don't know if he really knew those answers or if it was just a fluke. Either way, he is a total smarty pants!

No comments: