Wednesday, May 11, 2011








Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This free scrapbooking design personalized with Smilebox




Halloween is my favorite time of year! I love dressing up and having fun with the kids. We always do a trunk r treat at our church plus trick r treating in the nieghborhood. The kids always get a pretty good haul. Sydney keeps me on my toes every year. She comes up with the most abstract, origional characters she wants to be. One year she was cleopatra...not hard you say...you can get those costumes in the stores. But I think they are so fake looking, so I made her costume. The jewelry alone took a week to make, then there was the sequence sen onto the costume and finally the head piece. The year after that she wanted to be the headless horseman. I had to figure out how to make her look headless and fashion a floating pumpkin head to her. I made it work! I thought for sure she would give me an easy one the next year. Nope....a werewolf...full makeup and fur to boot.

Well this year she really got into greek mythology. She wanted to be a sentar ( half horse, half human). No way kiddo...pick something else. She picked Medussa, the beautiful gorgan that has snakes for hair and turns you to stone if you look at her. Hmmmmm....well I did the best I could to figure out how to get snakes to stay in her hair.


I am dreading what she will request for next year! Thank goodness my other 2 kids are easy to please. A homemade Mario and a Vampire.

No comments: