Friday, May 20, 2011






Shootin some hoops


This was Sydney's 2nd year of playing organized basketball. I remember being her age and playing ball. It was very confusing sometimes and everything was very fast paced. Things are not any different now. Sydney's coaches were new this year ( and neither of them have ever played ball before), so I offered to help when needed. I came to realize that you can teach the girls to pass well, do lay up's, do a pick and roll, but when it comes to game time ( at this age) all that practice goes out the window. The girls get so excited and rushed that they forget to implement everything you taught them.



Regardless, it was a great season. Sydney's team was undefeated until the very last tournament game. It was a crazy haze of girls running , shoving, slapping, and gouging! I think most of the game was used for foul shots. To girls on the other team even fouled out...at this age that is crazy!



Sydney was super bummed that they lost, but I was so proud of her! She improved so much and took my " lectures" well. She always wants me to coach her in sports, but does not handle my instructions well. She thinks I am criticizing her. ( hmmm...sounds like my sister, Karma! Are you reading this Karm?)

Anyhow, next year she will learn more and get even better, and who knows...maybe someday I will coach her.

No comments: