Wednesday, December 3, 2008



Oh Christmas Tree...
As I was preparing for this Christmas season, I had mentioned to Anthony that I would like to have a big tree all decorated in co-ordinating colors. Like all blue and white, or red and golds. I wanted to have a classy Christmas. But alas, I was convinced otherwise. We stuck with the old 7-footer and all the ornaments we have collected over the years. The kids picked out their traditional new ornament from the store to put on the tree which fit right in with the other mish-moshy ornaments we own.

Then as I was watching and helping the kids decorate, my mood had changed. I realized that I don't need to look or feel classy. All I needed was right there in our small living room. My husband and my three children....singing Christmas songs and smiling and helping one another to bring joy into our home. I am truly grateful for the wake-up call! Christmas is not about how it looks...but rather how it feels.

Here is my favorite part of the whole night. Tui has only heard " Jingle Bells" twice and has already been singing it all over the house. Sorry the lighting is bad.

4 comments:

meghan said...

That is so cute. Cullan goes around singing "oh christmas tree" however he just sings that part over and over because he does not know the rest of it!

Hartson family said...

Oh how I have wanted to return to the classy tree of our newlywed years! But when my tree is stock-full of ornaments just around the bottom it warms my heart too. Feeling your feelings, Charity

Mandy said...

I love that video of Tui! He and Isaac sound so similar! I miss you!

Stacy said...

Yeah... All I get around here is "Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me..." by Eden, Something about Santa bustin' moves by Ollie and "Ya Ya" by Jaren.

I'll have get stuff like that on camera. Tui is so cute! I think we might get a small tree this year. I don't think Ed wants to haul our big one upstairs! :o)