Wednesday, November 26, 2008


Thankful Thoughts.
Some times it is hard to be thankful. This time of year is always particularly hard for me. I am not the type of person who likes to feel depressed or in a slump....but through the months of November and December I find myself crying at the drop of a hat. And every year it gets worse. I miss my family, who all live close enough or have the ability to go home for every holiday. So everyone is together...except me.
So to remedy my gloominess, I like to give extra service, focus on giving my husband and kids a wonderful holiday season, and think happy thoughts. I feel the need to remind myself that I do have things to be thankful for.
I am thankful for:
  • My parents, who love me no matter what
  • My siblings, who taught me patience and love me no matter what.
  • My ancestors who believed....and lived the Gospel.
  • My husband....for having the love and patience to put up with me!
  • My daughter Sydney....she is so tender and thoughtful!
  • My daughter Haylie....who makes me laugh and cry all in the same day.
  • My son....I almost didn't have him. He is my miracle boy!
  • Friends who are my family when I am so far away from my own!
  • Rekindled friendships.
  • The first dentist I worked for....he taught me so much!
  • My years in Utah....I will cherish all those memories!
  • All the places I have travelled. This world is so beautiful.
  • Money. Without it I would not have been able to travel.
  • My extended Family...they have always been so supportive of me.
  • My home. It may not be the prettiest thing, but it is home.
  • My van!
  • Sunsets....I love the colors.
  • Warm cloths...I hate being cold.
  • All of the callings I have ever had. Each one has helped me to understand my weaknesses and how to make them strengths.
  • My senses...I would be very sad if I could not see the beauty of this earth, or hear my children's laughter, or smell a cooking turkey!
  • My pain...it lets me know that I am not invincible
  • My sadness...it helps me to cherish my joys.
  • Doctors who have saved my life more than once and who have healed my daughter.
  • Prayer....not my own, but all of yours.
  • My hands...I love to create with them.
  • For our freedoms...may we always have them.
  • And so many other things. This list could go on.

Lastly, I am thankful for the deep and steadfast testimony I have that we are loved by a Heavenly Father who has provided a plan of happiness for us. I am grateful for His laws and consequences without which we would not have an appreciation for His love and Mercies. I am forever grateful to our Savior, Jesus Christ for His gift of unconditional love and sacrifice. I hope to someday fully appreciate that sacrifice.

1 comment:

Jolley's said...

So well said girl. You really should write a book ya know with as well as you write.