Saturday, November 22, 2008

9 down...a life time to enjoy.

November is a crazy month for us at the Nai home. I my birthday, my sisters birthday and my mothers birthday all within a 4 day span. On top of that, 9 years ago I decided to get married.....2 days before my birthday. Don't ask me what I was thinking!!!!
I was thinking the other day of where we were every year for our past anniversaries. This is what I came up with.
Year zero: Married in Canada.
Year one: Living in Erie, PA( not liking it) and pregos with Sydney.
Year two: Living in Erie still ( and still not liking it)
Year three: Living in Terre Haute, IN. ( loving it)
Year four: Living in Waterloo, Ia ( not sure if I like it yet) ( haylie is 2 mo. old) .
Year five:Loving Waterloo! moved to new house.
Year six: Still loving it
Year seven: Recovering from a Pulmonary embolism and giving birth to my baby boy.
Year eight: Totally forgot anniversary!!!!
Year nine. Still in IA, Still Happy, Still in love.

Well for the past couple of years, I have been playing the role of the forgetful husband. Last year I totally forgot our anniversary and my birthday was on thanksgiving. ( yuck!). The year before that...who knows. I actually can not remember the last actual anniversary we did something out of the ordinary. I love my husband very much....but he is not the romantic type at all. Any planning for a date is done by me. Well this year I was not going to let it slip by again. I am not high maintenance or picky, so date nights don't need to be too detailed.

The 9th anniversary is the pottery year, so I planned a date to this neat little place where yo can pick a piece of pottery ( plates, mugs, vases, etc.) to paint and then they fire them and you have yourself a little creation made by each other. Anthony painted me a vase. He is very talented when it comes to drawing, but painting is not his favorite. Bless his heart....he at least had fun trying something new. I painted him a card holder for all his business cards. I must say, mine is way cute! It was fun to do something together like that.

Then it was off to try something else new. We went to the Hu Hot. A Mongolian grill where you pile on meat and noodles and veggies and watch them cook your food on this huge round slab of hot stone. It was fun to watch and fun to eat. All in all a pretty good anniversary. Next year is a big one, so I told Anthony to start planning now.

I don't have any pics of the pottery yet. I will post them when I get the pottery back.



1 comment:

~j. said...

I think I knew that you all had lived in Erie for awhile (why ever did you not like it there?), but i didn't know you lived in Terre Haute -- my mom grew up there, and I still have lots of family there.

Happy Anniversary to you, and Happy Birthday!