Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Week!

I guess I should be used to bad winter weather, considering I grew up in Canada. But this Iowa weather is ridiculous! It is not so much the snow accumulation. That is the easy part. The ice gets to be annoying ( not to mention hazardous)...but more than the snow and the ice this winter, it is the deep freeze we have had to deal with that irritates me. In Canada it was not uncommon to have a -40 CELSIUS day. That is about a -25 degree F here. Schools have been closing this winter because of the dangerously low temps of -45 FAHRENHEIT!!!!! That is just crazy!!!
We got lucky one day and had a break in the cold. It was actually warm enough to let the kids go out and play....and me shovel the driveway. Time to invest in a snow blower I think!

What's with the poses?

No comments: