Wednesday, January 28, 2009


I Love Duct Tape!

Please tell me I am not the only mother who has had to resort to using duct tape to keep her kids diaper on. Tui has become very talented at wiggling out of any outfit I put on him. At night he takes his footie pj's off and then his diaper. What comes next is not pretty! I end up doing laundry in the middle of the night. Plus we have the issue of modesty around guests. I babysit a little girl the same age as Tui and she is a very smart girl. The other day we had our first anatomy class. Tui decided he would strip while I was doing dishes in the kitchen. 2 minutes people and the kid was in his birthday suit. The only way I knew something was going on was the laughter of the little girl and the repetition of " Tui funny bum...Tui funny bum."


So as a last resort I duct taped his diaper to him. It worked wonders! Then at night I also duct taped his PJ's on him...just under his arms so that he couldn't get the zipper down. Am I a mean mommy.....I don't think so. I am just doing this for my own sanity!

6 comments:

Hartson family said...

You funny funny girl. I love it. I have used duct tape on only normal projects- taping together ducts, taping down landscaping plastic, etc, etc. You are much more inventive and fun!

Jolley's said...

I tied Jared to his chair for dinner once with yarn. I started out very angry but then it turned funny when he asked me if he could have two colors. Kids these days!

the freestone6 said...

That is to funny I would have never thought about tapeing the clothes on! I have taped the diapers before. But just cause those dang staps broke. What ever works

Mandy said...

Very inventive! I love it!

Kirst said...

I too have to do that. I seemed to blessed with poop monsters, as we like to call them. Duct tape has become our good friend with the 2 boys.
It's comforting to know someone else who goes through it too.

Collette and Kevin said...

lol, that's hilarious!! what we resort to to keep our sanity as mom's??!!!