Sunday, July 27, 2008


I've Got Chocolate On The Brain!
I have come to a conclusion. A most definite conclusion! I am fully capable of changing my exercise habits and eating habits to include more of the first and less of the other. I think I am an over eater and I hate the gym! I would much rather go hiking or play a sport to exercise than walking on a treadmill! But like I said before....I can adjust! I can walk on a treadmill....I don't like to, but I can. I love food! No I am not constantly eating, but when I find something I like ( steak...mashed potatoes...cookies), I have a hard time eating a child's size portion. I can eat less, I just like to eat more.....but I will adjust.
However, there is one thing....and only one thing I have found that is impossible to change. My love of chocolate! At first I started telling myself that I could eat chocolate once a week. Kind of a cheat day. Who was I kidding. Once a week! I can barely make it through the day without chocolate of some sort. I have actually done the science on this one.
There are receptors in your brain, or rather on things in your brain, called Peptides. These receptors act as magnets...sort of....to attract certain substances. The more of something you eat, whether it is chips, chocolate, or a coke, the more of those receptors pop up on those peptides, causing you to " CRAVE" more of that thing.
So I have a billion receptors on all these peptides and all of them are attracting chocolate. I can change that. I can train my body to slowly cutback on the amount of chocolate I eat and gradually those receptors will decrease as well. BUT....this is what I have concluded. I don't want to!!!!! I love chocolate! And if I have to go to the gym everyday and eat like a child with no appetite, then I deserve chocolate. I will not give it up!
So if anyone has any particularly delicious chocolate recipes....I am all ears ( and hips! :)

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

Devil's Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 stick butter/margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 bag choc. chips
350... Mix 1/2 box cake mix with softened butter, vanilla and beaten eggs. Stir in the rest of the box of cake mix. Dough will be very sticky. Add the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cook 10-12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on the sheet before moving. Cookies will be soft until cooled. YUM

Hartson family said...

I'm a chocolate sympathizer because I'm a choco-holic too, let's hope that never changes.