Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Day 8; Going on a sea shell hunt
Monday was another exploring day. We took a drive to a small fishing town called Blue Rock. It is a quaint little section of inlets that have a unique " Blue" rock formation along the waters edge.

They are really slippery when wet, as we found out. I almost took a little swim my first step. This is usually a good place to look for shells because as the tide comes in it washes in shells and little creatures and then when the tide goes out all those little creatures are stuck in the rocks and tide pools. Unfortunately we didn't find much. We were there at high tide. We did however stumble upon some poor fisherman's diner. My sister, Karma, saw a rope and decided to pull it in. attached to it was a lobster trap, lobster included! He was not alone though. Friend crab had been caught too. We thought about taking it home for our diner, but felt sorry for the poor fisherman who would go hungry, so we threw the trap back in the water. we found some other small crabs creeping along the bottom of the shallow water and caught one, but it pinch Karma so back in it went.

Later that night we had a rather interesting FHE ( Family Home Evening). My sister, Kendra, and her husband, Doug, were in charge of the activity. Kendra loves the theater and acting, so we played " whose Line is it Anyway". I was kinda nervous at first because I was never very good at acting, but it was hilarious watching everyone participate! Dad was the best! He cracks me up. I wish I had a video of him, but I was also dealing with a sick little boy that night, so there is a lack of pictures from that evening.

2 comments:

Jolley's said...

Beautiful Krista! Your pretty girlie looks 7 going on 14. Watch out. I am enjoying reading about your trip. What fun and memories.

Stacy said...

Beautiful pictures! I love looking at them all!!