Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 3; Hello N.S.

Seven and a half hours after leaving that dreaded hotel ( and skipping the even worse Continental breakfast), we arrived in Nova Scotia. YAY!!!!! We pulled into Bridgewater where we met up with my mom and dad and aunt Gloria for dinner. Then we drove down the most twisty seaside road to the cottage mom and dad rented for our whole family. It was an older home, but well kept. It had that old home smell mixed with the smell of the ocean breeze.
We took our bags upstairs, got the kids ready for bed and hit the sack ourselves. We were pooped! Ah, but the relief of finally being there and the amazing views were enough to warm my heart!
Tui after the long trip
what is this look?
Yes! we are finally here!
This is the cottage we rented.
View from the look-out point across from the cottage.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Krista!
I'm on the edge of my seat. Please post more, more, more!!! It makes me want to go back to Newfoundland soooo much!! What a trip! You guys are troopers!!!

Mandy said...

The smell of the ocean breeze through your cottage makes me relaxed, and I didn't even go on the trip! I am going to read this post when I need to chill! I can't wait to read more!