Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 10; Country Roads

Well we are back on the road again. There were some tears and lots of hugs before we left. Anthony reassured me that we would be back someday. It didn't make the tears go away, but at least I know he enjoyed Nova Scotia enough to say we would be back.

We drove all day and all night until we got to Palmyra, NY where we found a hotel at 3:00am. It was not as bad a s the hotel in my previous blog. After a good nights rest we got up and took a short drive to the Hill Cumorah visitor center and the Palmyra temple. We took the kids through a tour of the Joseph Smith home and the Sacred Grove. It was a wonderful opportunity to let them know how special this place is to us and let them know that we have a testimony of the Gospel and the things that happened here long ago. We sang " The Golden Plates" as we walked and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the early morning hours. I always love to visit this area and remember the feelings I have and the knowledge that I have because of that great man who gave his life that we might have the truth. And for all those who followed him and suffered more than you or I will ever know. I am so grateful for their faith...It strengthens my own.

After a wonderful quiet morning we headed to Anthony's mom's house in Erie. Only a short 2 hour drive from Palmyra. Anthony's mom, Sandra, wanted to come with us to Nova Scotia, and would have except that the twins ( from the previous blog) had just been born and Sandi felt that she should stay and help with them. I know how much she would have loved Nova Scotia, so we bought her a light house lantern, all made out of stained glass. Next time she is coming for sure!
We stayed there the rest of the day...took a nap and started driving again at midnight. We could tell the kids were getting tired of driving, so we thought we would get it over with and let them sleep through the night. 11 hours later we were home! I never knew how wonderful my lumpy uneven bead felt until I had been away from it for so long. I had the most wonderful nap. I dreamed I was in Nova Scotia.






2 comments:

the freestone6 said...

Thanks for all your posts! It looked like so much fun. All the pictures makes me feel like I was there with you!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip!