Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 10; Farewell to Nova Scotia

What a sad, sad day! It is our last day in Nova Scotia. There is so much more I want to see and do, but we opted for one last day at the beach. And what a perfect day! We got there at low tide ( when the water has receded as far as it will). The beach looked huge! this was the perfect time for clam digging. Karma, Kasson, Renee and Sydney went to the other side of the beach and dug for clams. You know when you have found one when a squirt of water hits the bottom of your feet and then you dig. Watch out though. When you pick them up they squirt more salt water at you. Kasson got it right in his mouth...Yuck!!!

The rest of us went to the swimming part of the beach. This was the first day that Tui actually wanted to go in the ocean. Don't ask me why! As soon as the tide starts coming back in, those waves can get pretty big and strong. They were splashing him in his face and he was loving it. He must have known that it was our last day. We found some pretty big shells too while the tide was out.
Tui got tired and cuddled Papa until he fell asleep. So I finally had a chance to get out in the waves. Sydney let me use her boogie board and all of a sudden I was 11 years old again, splashing and laughing in the ocean. I can't express the freedom or the wonder I felt as I enjoyed the beautiful wonders that our Heavenly Father created for us. I am so glad that I was able to share my love for this world and for Nova Scotia with my husband and children. Hopefully it will not be the last time we go there. Farewell Nova Scotia!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read almost everyday and it makes me sad that you are leaving, almost like I am leaving and we won't get to hear more about it.