Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkin Farm

I love all the seasons. I love different things about each season. My favorite thing about Autumn time is the chill in the air. It is not quite cold enough for a winter coat or hot cocoa, but just cold enough to put on a pair of warm comfy socks and cuddle up with someone. My cuddle buddies are my kids. We love to go outside and play in the leaves and then cuddle each other until we are warm.
This year we went out to Heartland Farms to go pick a pumpkin and play in their pumpkin land. The kids had so much fun playing in an inflatable dragon. The kids go in one end and come out the other( which is quite bulbous and round......it looks like the dragon is pooping out kids!). Then we went on a very bumpy wagon ride around the farm which was decorated all fun.
I was not sure if I should take the kids through the haunted house. It was in the little kids section of the farm, so I thought it would probably not be too scary. Tuione was fine. He didn't even make a peep. But when "creatures" and " zombies" started popping out of walls, my big brave girls( who had been begging to go in), freaked out. Haylie and Sydney both grabbed each of my legs every time the hydraulics would make a " thing" move. My favorite ( or I should say least favorite, since I am terrified of them ) was the giant tarantula that drops from the ceiling. It nearly touched my head.....yick!

As the sun started setting and the chill got chillier ( if that is even a word) we got some last minute pictures in the pumpkin patch and some caramel covered apples. What a perfect end to a perfect Autumn day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It looks like you guys had fun! I love the pooping dragon! We wanted to go, but never got there... maybe next year!