Friday, November 23, 2007


Surprise!


I have always heard stories from other moms about finding surprises in their child's diaper. I have heard of people finding money or rocks, or even little pieces from toys that their kids had swallowed and then pooped out. I was always relieved to know that they can poop out those types of things.
Well I have always been very happy that my children just never swallowed anything that was not supposed to be swallowed........that is until now. My son, Tui, is a very curious little boy, as all boys are I'm sure. He has been very good at not putting things in his mouth, or at least understanding the word"NO" and obeying me. He even plays with the girls Polly pockets and never has put those tiny little shoes in his mouth. So I have not been too worried about him wandering the house now that he can walk. Silly me!!!
The other day My son was holing one of his sister's Halloween suckers in his hand and was using it like a hammer. Not 5 minutes later when I saw him, he did not have the sucker with him anymore. I didn't think anything of it until the next day. He was grunting and obviously doing a big "poopie". When I went to change him, what I found surprised me. Instead of a poopie in his diaper I found a plastic wrapper.......whole! He had swallowed the wrapper from the sucker. How in the heck do you swallow something like that.
Well that is not the end of the surprises ( and no the picture is not of my son......although I would like to see an x-ray of Tui's stomach to see what else he has swallowed.) . A couple of days later, as I was changing a poopie diaper, I was nearly blinded by the immense sparkle and shine that was coming from my son's poopie. It was the shiniest poopie I had ever seen. The poopie was riddled with little pieces of tin foil. He must have eaten one of those Halloween chocolates that are wrapped in foil.
I thought that I was a good mother and kept an eye on my kids........I guess not because I never saw him eat those things. I wonder what will be next.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Were you blinded by the sparkly poopies!!! How FUNNY!