Wednesday, September 23, 2009


Out of the Ordinary
We have some strong bonds in our family. Sydney was instantly best friends with Haylie the minute Haylie was born. And again when Tui was born, Sydney was immediately his favorite person. Haylie on the other hand was a bit....rough with Tui when he was a baby. She would pinch him or sit on him just to hear him cry. Why she felt she needed this extra noise ( and ultimately the added negative attention from me), I will never understand! Well, I feel it has permanently scared Tui. He and Haylie continue to butt heads and he always runst to Sydney when he needs a friend.

Well since school started, Tui has been home alone without his sisters. He waits by the door for them to come home and as soon as he sees them cross the street he is out the door running. He always...always runs to Sydney saying " Sydney...your home. I missed you so much!!!!!"
This past Sunday at church Sydney got Tui out of nursery. She got a hug from him, but all of a sudden started running down the hall toward Haylie. He threw his arms around her waist and gave her a huge hug and said " Haylie, I missed you so much. I love you!!!!"

I couldn't help the little tear in my eye! Sydney was a bit perturbed at the change in his behavior. I think he spoiled her.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Aww that is so cute, Haylie must of needed a hug that day, and Tui was prompted to do so.