Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Last Day of School!

Sydney wanted to blog about her last day of school, so we will be updating this blog later.

This year I was in first grade. Some of my favorite things in first grade were music class , gym, and art. My teachers were really nice and taught me lots of new things.

On or last day of school we took lots of pictures and had a picnic lunch. we cleaned out our desks and had lots of reading time. I love to read!!!

It was kind of sad at the end of the day when we said goodbye to our friends and sang a song as the buses pulled away. At our school it is a tradition for the teachers to stand out front and sing goodbye to the kids as they leave for the summer. This year they also sang goodbye to Mr.Potter, the principal, who is retiring this year. I will miss listening to him in our assemblies.

Next year I will be in second grade. I'm hoping that I will be in Mr. Murphy's class. I am looking forward to learning science and fun field trips. I hope that Ali will be in my class!

1 comment:

Mike & Mandy said...

Congrats, Sydney, on finishing first grade! It sounds like you had a great year!