Monday, June 9, 2008

Following in My Footsteps


Dental school here we come!

As a dental assistant, I am pleased to see that proper oral hygiene is occurring in my home. As a mother, I am just thankful that Tui likes to do whatever his sisters do, otherwise I would never be able to brush his teeth ( all 12 of them).

When Haylie was just learning to brush her teeth, she would argue and refuse to let me help. The only way to get her to open long enough for me to check was to tell her about the " Sugar Bugs". She would say that there were no bugs in her teeth. But I would say that Mommy has special eyes. When I went to Dental assisting school I got new eyes....eyes that can see tiny little bugs that like to eat sugar and food from off your teeth. That got her! She would ask me to check and make sure all of the bugs were gone, and then I could scrub the places she missed and chase away the bugs.

Now I do the Same with Tui. Any moms out there can use this trick. It really works. Just come up with your own story on how you got " Special Eyes".

No comments: