Saturday, March 29, 2008


My week as the old lady in the shoe.
I have been babysitting for a long time. Ever since I was 9 years old, I have loved to babysit, especially babies.
Well this week has been a doozie!
I regularly babysit my friend's daughter 3 days out of the week. This actually works really well. She is the same age as my son, so they play well together, the hug each other and they even take naps at the same time. ( which means I get a break so I can spend time with my daughter who is preschool age).
I also have been watching another one of my friend's daughter 2-3 hours a day. She is about 6 months younger than my son. This week has been different though. I have been watching her every day all day due to a family emergency of sorts. This little girl is super cute, but....she is an only child and is not used to having other kids around. She has a tendency to....ummmm... wail...whenever another child is even near her or when she wants something. I think in time she will get used to this, until then I will have to invest in earplugs.
On top of all this, I said I would babysit 2 of another friend's kids while she was out of town and her husband is at work. They are good kids and play well with mine, so that helps.
So in total I had 7 kids this week. Not too bad you say? Well how about you throw in an earache in 2 of the 7 kids, pneumonia in one, viruses in 5, and diarrhea in 2. Not only that but I had a sick husband home all week hoping to recover from his cold( not gonna happen!). He ended up helping me with the crowd.
All I want to know is....how did the old lady in the shoe live to be so old?

6 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

You are too nice! I think you better take a week off. (By the way...would you like to babysit Isaac....just kidding!)

Anonymous said...

Your week was definately busier than mine! You Rock!

Frisbies Forever said...

She had built up immunities to EVERYTHING! Nothing phased her anymore. Think of all the things you will now be immune too.

Krista said...

Hhaha...I would love to babysit isaac! Why not?!
Seriously, I love kids...it was just a bad week for all of them being sick. They really are great!

However, I do think we are due for a girls night out!

Naomi said...

Well, as a result of that crazy week you had, Lydia has pneumonia. So I'm sorry you had a bad week Krista, and we will keep Lydia away for awhile. Maybe you can get the break you deserve.

Krista said...

I feel so bad!!! I was told is was not contagious. Kiss that sweet little " strawberry" for us!