Thursday, March 6, 2008


????????????
I don't know what to do.
Should I do anything?
It is not my life.
It is not my child.
Should I let it affect me?
I do not want to sound condescending.
I do not want to sound overbearing.
I want to be a friend.
My heart literally hurts.
I feel sick to my stomach.
What do I do?????
In my patriarchal blessing, I am told that I will be a leader and that I should not hold back my convictions and emotions. I need to stand up for what is right. And all my life I have fought this council. Sometimes because others have told me to hold my tongue, and sometimes because I did not want to say anything. Why? Out of fear...fear that I will loose a friend or make someone angry. Or just because I thought it was none of my business.
I have a friend who is going through a hard time with her teenage children. I have seen and heard things....more specifically language that they are using. Language that they have been taught not to use. I know that there is more going on behind the scenes and it really is not my business ( is it?).
I remember being a teenager. I remember wanting to feel accepted and to have fun, and having to make a choice. But those choices were not hard for me to make.
I am torn! My gut says " say something", my heart says" say something", but my mind says" bite your tongue".
AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

2 comments:

Mom of 5 Gents said...

"It takes a village to raise a child."

Frisbies Forever said...

The hard things we face! If you are following council and that is what your blessing says and you feel a confirmation, do it.
I just alienated a couple by standing up.
However, 8 months fast forward and we have the closest relationship. It hurt in the meantime, but that closeness when they KNOW you will stand for what you believe in regardless makes it all worthwhile.
When you follow the council, you are blessed in your obedience. Fast first. It will all be alright, even if it hurts for a little while.