Sunday, April 17, 2011


We survived!

One full year without the Internet has proven difficult, but manageable. I can remember a time when we didn't have the Internet, or cell phones, x-boxes or wii's. I know, that makes me ancient, but we can live without them!


Now that I am back, I have a ton to catch up on. I guess I will start where I left off.


Sydney is my softball girl. She loves to play sports, like her mommy, but struggles with the concept of " practice makes perfect". She is naturally very intelligent, but when it comes to sports, things do not always come naturally. She wanted to be a pitcher. I pitched some in my day, so I tried to teach her. She tends to over think things instead of letting her body just go with the flow. Needless to say, she did not pitch. However, she is an excellent catcher. She has good form and strong legs so she can squat for a long time. I think she did really well in this position! She had a couple of great coaches ( Navy boys) who worked them hard ( in 90-100 degree weather) but praised them along the way. and it payed off. They came in first place. Sydney was so happy. I was happy the season was over. I was the book keeper and 8 months pregnant in that weather. I missed one practice and everyone thought I had the baby until I showed up at the tournament still as big as ever. Baby decided to come 2 weeks later. ( story to come)

.



1 comment:

meghan said...

Wow a full year! I would have gone insane without blogging! Glad you are back!