Saturday, August 1, 2009

ANIMAL DEATH TRAP
Yup .....that is what my house is. I have been so lucky ( heavy on the sarcasm) to have found several dead animals over the past few months. First was a burrow filled with frozen baby bunnies at the beginning of spring. Then a few weeks later I had to put ant killer all over our lawn. I told the kids they could not play on the lawn for a day or two. I guess I should have told the animals also. I had to clean up a rather bloated chipmunk that had gotten into the poison.
Next were 2 dead birds...who knows why they fell on my deck.....it must be a thing like the Bermuda triangle. I have also found the skeletal remains of a squirrel in my garden...just laying there as if it died yesterday.
This morning was our latest dead animal sighting....on not only our front sidewalk, but also our back sidewalk, was a lovely arrangement of chipmunk guts. Actually the guts must have been the good part because all that was left for us to enjoy were the heads, tails and a whole bunch of fur.
So...if you have pets or pests you would like to get rid of....feel free to send them to my house.
I know I have not posted anything in a while....my computer crashed for a while. I do apologize that this disgusting post is my first one since I have been back. I promise that there will be more pleasant ones to come.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Aww frozen baby bunnies, that makes me sad.

Hartson family said...

Sounds like you have a predator who kills, but not for food. Gross! We found a dead kitty in front of our house on the road this weekend. Now how do I get someone to come get it?

Andrea said...

Have you heard the story of the cat that snuck into our place while we were renovating it, (in the winter while John was working in Drumheller during the week) and and never made it out. Frozen bunnies, Frozen cats... good luck!!! Just know that sadly you're NOT alone. ;(