Saturday, May 30, 2009


Nature Lover

I am not one that minds bugs....as long as they are not in my house. Tui hates them...freaks out whenever he sees an ant or a bee. Sydney is not afraid of them...but not always willing to pick up any bug she sees. Haylie......she is a bug lover!


We were at Walmart shopping for groceries....we usually get fresh produce from Fareway or farmers markets, but I was in a hurry and didn't want to make 2 or more stops. So I was in the mood for corn on the cob. As I was peeling the corn, I came across a caterpillar that had made a home in my corn. Immediately I tossed the entire ear of corn into the trash can. You would have thought I had committed murder the way Haylie's face looked. She said that a caterpillar is a part of nature and that we shouldn't kill it. She then insisted that I fish the corn out of the trash so we could pick up the catterpillar and put it outside on a tree. So here I am in Walmart digging in the trash...once the poor creature was found, Haylie gently picked it up and carried it out the door....in SLOW MOTION, so we wouldn't scare the poor thing. As we placed it on the tree, the caterpillar peed on Haylie. She was not pleased that after rescuing a part of nature, she was repaid by getting peed on. I explained to her that peeing is also a part of nature...so if you are going to play with bugs...you are most likely going to get peed on.

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

Life is so unfair. What a sweet and considerate little girl you have! And brave too. Where's the justice in this story?

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness! I remember when Eden's hermit crab peed and pooped on her classmate!!! HILARIOUS!