Monday, October 6, 2008

September......
Thank goodness it's over!

I actually love this time of year. All the wonderful signs that fall is on it's way. Kids are back in school, which by the way is wonderful! Haylie started pre-school this year. I taught an at home pre-school with some other moms in the past and loved it, but Haylie really didn't. She would refuse to participate and was simply not interested in learning. That being said, I was worried about putting her into a regular pre-school. All has worked out well though. She is making lots of new friends and is eager and even excited to go and learn with her teachers. She is even learning sign language( which I did teach her, but apparently is more fun to learn from her teacher at school :P) As for Sydney, my little smartie pants, she is in the second grade but is learning 3rd grade curriculum. She is very bright, but I have noticed that she is a perfectionist. She gets very down and hard on herself if she gets an answer wrong. She wants to please everyone....especially her teacher. It will be interesting to see how she adapts to learning more difficult material. I love her enthusiasm for knowledge!

Just when I think life will get back to normal with 2 out of my 3 kids in school, I realize I am kidding myself. I babysit 2 extra kids during the day....so now I am back to 3 kids at all times ( and 6 when the others are home from school). Some day I might have a moment to myself. Until then I will be singing and playing kids games all day long.

September is our birthday month. My miracle baby boy is no longer a baby. Tui turned 2 this September. He is the most gorgeous boy ever. I love to look at his long eyelashes that cover his big brown eyes and play with his thick curly locks ( which I can not bring myself to cut yet). He is totally into Thomas the train engine and cars. He has finally figured out what are boy toys and what are girl toys.
Next comes my wonderful husband's birthday. I think Anthony turned 10 this year. All he asked for this year was the new Lego star wars video game for his xbox. We of course got him other " grown up " stuff too, but he really enjoyed his new game! He is such a hard worker and has such a big heart. From the outside he looks rough and tough....but those of us who know him well know that he would do anything for anybody! ( that big heart of his has gotten us in trouble one too many times!) I love my Big Man!!!! Here is a pic of the big guy when he was not so big. What a cutie pie!
Finally there is Haylie. She was so excited to turn 5 this year. She wanted a mermaid party and as always I get a bit to extent in my plans. I had planned to make mermaid skirts for each of the kids invited and they would go on an underwater treasure hunt to find jewels to make necklaces with. Then it would be present time and then cake and ice cream. It all went as planned except for the skirts. I am a bit incompetent when it comes to sewing, so when my ( new) machine decided to stop working, I had no clue what was wrong or how to fix it. But oh well, they all had fun anyway.

Oh, and this month has been a roller coaster ride for one more reason....I am pregnant. Just kidding. I was released from my calling as Primary President and called as the Enrichment leader. I will get back to you on which of the two is a harder calling.

6 comments:

~j. said...

Hey, that guy looks familiar...

Happy Birthday to you family!

ps - i'm enrichment leader & have no idea what i'm doing. i'm sure you could give me some pointers.

Krista said...

Hahaha....i'm having a hard time thinking of activities for grown ups. I am so used to planing activities for kids!

the freestone6 said...

I think being perfect comes with being the first born. Alyssa is the same way! Tui is so cute. Love his hair!

Mandy said...

September sounds like it was a busy but fun month! Your idea to do a bead treasure hunt was SO cute! I know who to call when I need creative ideas! Talk with you soon!

Frisbies Forever said...

What a great idea! I'll bet you will have a blast doing Enrichment classes. You are so creative and so spiritual, I am sure you will spread your wings and fly just like your Father in Heaven intends. Wow. It amazing how much they look alike. You know they do, but side by side. All I can say is WOW! So cute!

Christi said...

Haha... You totally had me. I took a huge breath when I read that you were pregnant and then started cracking up. Of course, Lauren said, "WHAT!?" Good one. :)

ps i keep forgetting that you know ~j. How fun!