Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Farm.

Every year we go to Heartland farms. They have wonderful things to do all year round. They allow you to come all year round to pick the foods they grow. We love to go pick strawberries, raspberries, and especially pumpkins.
Unfortunately I always go to late in the day and the lighting is not the greatest ( so sorry for the bad pics).
Anthony doesn't always come because of his work schedule, but this year we were all able to go together.














We usually go through the haunted house they have there, Actually there are 2 haunted houses. One for the " big kids" and adults called " The Heart of Darkness" and the little kids haunted house. Last year I was surprised at how scary the little kids one was, but we made it through ( with Haylie hanging on to me for dear life!) Needless to say, she didn't want to go in this year and I was not about to take Tui in. He hides his face in my shoulder when we walk down the Halloween isle at Walmart saying " mommy....care me, mommy...care me" . Which means mommy it scares me. So that left Sydney begging to go in. Anthony ( the big, brave, smartie pants) said he would take her. I told him there were 2 signs. One for the entrance of the adult haunted house and one for the little kids. I pointed out where to go. Where did he go? In the wrong house. He went into the back entrance of the adult Haunted house and took Sydney crying and begging to get out all the way through the dang thing. Then he gets out and can't understand why she was so scared.....DUH! Poor Sydney!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is too funny! I won't even brave the Heart of Darkness! I bet she was freaked out! I am glad you all got to go as a family. It looked like fun!

Collette and Kevin said...

don't you just love pumpkin farms!?! we've gone every year since we moved to kentucky and we love it. unfortunately once we move back to arizona, there really aren't a lot of pumpkin farms around so i guess we enjoy it now!